Industrial Sealant and adhesives are increasingly used for MRO applications across industries.
An industry that consists of facilities and plants in large and small populated areas where wastewater treatment is needed.
- The wastewater treatment industry consists of plants whose goal is to provide waste water treatment services to the population. The average wastewater treatment plant employs 3-10 maintenance personnel responsible for the maintenance of pumps, containment areas, equipment and facilities associated with the treatment of wastewater.
- A water treatment plant size and planned capacity is determined by the population of the area in which it services. The quantity output is measured in gallons treated per day or per week. As the population of an area increases the larger a plant must be made or a new plant must be built.
- To make a current plant more reliable means that the life cycle of the plant can be extended and the mean average of water treated between breakdowns can increase.
Industrial Sealant for Wastewater treatment process
Description of Common Equipment in the sewage Treatment Industry
Conveyance System The Sewer Lines
This system consists of hundreds of miles of sewer pipe and drainage pipe that route the water from homes, businesses and streets to the wastewater treatment plant.
This entire system of pipes and man holes contains Supex applications
for Coating, corrosion prevention, Sealants and repair epoxies.
Gravity will carry the water from homes to the treatment plant. When slopes have to be overcome pumps in a pump station along the sewer lines boost the water and raise it over the slope. The pumps at a pump station can range in size from a 2 inch discharge to an excess of 14 inches. These pumps are located in stations in areas where wastewater is collected and must be assisted via the pump in order to reach the treatment plant.
This piece of equipment consists of bars that screen out trash and large contaminants from the water as it enters the treatment plant. The screen at left has captured a tire and removed it from the water before it entered the plant.
These concrete chambers slow down the flow of water after it has passed through the bar screen. Organic material stays in suspension as the mixer turns the water but sand, rock glass, metal and other grit will settle out. The remaining water moves through the treatment process.
An auger in a chamber will mechanically press water from debris and grit that has been filtered from water entering the treatment plant.
Sludge (water and solid waste) enter the centrifuge and like a large washing machine on spin cycle the material is flung at high velocities against the side of the drum. The separated water (in blue) continues through the plant and the “cake” (de-watered material shown in red) is mixed with compost and/or fertilizer.
These cone shaped concrete chambers are common at all sized water treatment plants.
A scraper will remove the scum from the top of the water while
a urethane spatula will scrape
the heavier sludge from the bottom. The “cleaned” water moves up and to the outer
edges to continue through
the treatment plant.
Each plant may contain up to
400 pumps of different sizes and configurations and for different purposes.
A sludge pump will pump water that is filled with solids (sludge) to the next step in the water treatment process.
Recurring maintenance issues solved by Industrial Sealant & Adhesives.
- Mechanical failures due to fastener & bearings loosening
- Corrosion of metal parts
- Erosin of pump casings
- Gasket failure
- replacement of worn out parts
Sealant & Adhesives for MRO segment.
RTV silicone Sealants : for flange sealing of gear boxes and mechanical equipment. Supex High Temperature RTV – Industrial Sealant for gasketing, flange sealing. Works upto 300C.
MS & Polyurethane sealants : or sealing and bonding, Adhesive for general metal, plastic, rubber bonding
Supex Bond all HT : One part high strength, fast curing, flexible adhesive used to bond ‘anything to anything’- conditions apply.
Engineering adhesives :
- Anaerobic Threadlockers– Locking nuts and bolts so that they loosen during operation due to vibrations. Replaces split pin, double nut, welding etc.
- Anaerobic threadsealants– sealing hyrdaulic, pneumatic threaded joints with 100% efficiency. Completely eliminates leakages from threaded connections. replaces teflon, o rings etc.
- Bearing retaining adhesives: for assembly of bearing into housing, keyways on shafts. Eliminates welding, splines, press fits.
Metal filled Epoxies : Rebuild and repair metal epoxies: Steel putty, Titanium putty
Chemical resistant coatings
Anti seize chemicals
Maintenance sprays : Rust loosener and lubricant etc