There are various types of Wood glue. Supex introduces pur technology Wood glue, D4, in India. It is a reactive moisture curing adhesives known for Strong Bonds and Exceptional Heat, Cold and Moisture-Resistance; this makes liquid PUR adhesive an excellent choice for most difficult to bond, low energy substrates and they perform very well in extreme weather environment.
Supex Wood glue 1k PUR Adhesive
PUR Wood glue forms permanent bonds by a chemical reaction with moisture from the substrate or environment.
These “Cold” Liquid PUR adhesives are liquid at room temperature so bonded parts must be pressed together and held during the curing process.
Features & advantages of Supex glue:
- Great for wood, metals, ceramics, most plastics, HPL, Corian, stone and most porous/nonporous materials.
- 100% waterproof adhesive that bonds almost everything.
- Epoxy like strength; no mixing and fast cure time.
- Excellent Sandability.
- 100% solids and solvent free.
- Assembly time after glue application: 20-30 minutes.
- Application temperature: Above 25 C.
Supex Wood Glue
Supex Liquid PUR wood glue forms structural bonds to most difficult to bond substrates, and are especially good for gluing materials such as – carpet, wood, foam, metal and most plastics to each other. It is Not recommended for vinyl (PVC), polypropylene, polyethylene and polyolefins. Liquid PUR produces extremely durable, highly elastic bonds that perform well in both high and low temperature extremes.
Liquid PUR adhesives can be Custom Formulated to have Very High Initial Tack and a Very Fast Set up time from a few seconds, or up to Several Minutes of Open Time before setting up.
After Supex 1K PUR adhesive has been applied to a substrate it will start to cross-link and form a final bond. Depending on air humidity and substrate moisture conditions, PUR adhesive develops 50-80 % of its final bond strength in approximately 3 – 6 hours. The full reactive cure time is normally 24 to 36 hours after application.
Supex 1K PUR adhesives cure to a thermo-set material, maintaining their structural integrity once cured. PUR Adhesive has excellent temperature and environmental resistance – withstanding exposure to temperatures from -40°C to +150 °C.
PUR adhesives are commonly used to bond Steel to Foamed polystyrene in large bonding areas. PUR adhesive is considered to be the best and most cost-effective adhesive for these types of applications. PUR adhesives are cured by reaction with atmospheric moisture to form a cross-linked thermoset system.
PUR adhesives can be formulated to have different open times and different rates of bond strength buildup. PUR adhesives are widely used for the bonding of large panels, such as in door manufacturing, garage door construction and the walls of recreational vehicles. PUR is also commonly used for laminating foil to sheet metal for the production of cans and bottle caps.
For bonding Large areas – Spraying or Roll Coating are often the best application methods for PUR adhesives.
Supex PUR adhesive forms very strong permanent bonds to most materials including: Solid Woods, MDF/Particle Board, Metal, Paper, Glass, Wooden Veneer, Clear Plastic Boxes, Plastics, PVC, Foils.
1k PUR VS Solvent based adhesive
Polyurethane Adhesives (PUR) should be seriously considered when switching away from a Solvent-based adhesive system. PUR adhesives have numerous advantages over solvent-based adhesives.
Primary advantages of using PUR adhesive
- Reduced cost of the adhesives, on a /Kg. basis.
- NO HAP’s or VOC’s, 100% Solvent Free.
- The elimination of a plant explosion risk; lower insurance costs.
- No more need for air pollution control devices.
- The removal of dryers in the production line.
Supex PUR adhesives are commonly used in the following Applications:
Area Of Use
- For indoor and outdoor use
- Wood against wood
- Styrofoam, foam rubber
- Metal, etc.
Profile Wrapping, Difficult to Bond-PET,PE,BOPP,UV, Foam & Mattress Fabricating, Furniture & Cabinet Assembly, R. V. and Panels, Woodworking and Picture Frames
General Product Assembly
Polyurethane-Based Adhesives; Wood Glue, Marine Glue, Marine Adhesive, Pedestal Adhesive
Fevicol PUR Wood Adhesive can be used to bond almost any material to wood. (Ceramic, fabric, glass, metal, stone, metal and wood etc.) They are indispensable products in areas continuously exposed to water. They provide very good adhesion and they do not cause any damage especially on greasy and waxed exotic components of wood (mahogany). Supex 1k PUR PU wood glue offers high performance solutions in this area. In India, it is known as polyurethane wood glue, polyurethane ship glue, polyurethane sea glue, polyurethane profile glue, marine glue, transparent marine glue, yellow glue, yacht glue, glass fiber sea glue, whereas in the world, they are known as wood glue, pu marine adhesive, aqua seal pu adhesive, multi purpose pu adhesive, rapid pu adhesive, Brown pu glue, wood stone metal adhesive.
Benefits of using PUR Wood Glue
- One component adhesive- no mixing required
- Fast cure ( short dry time) – higher productivity
- High strength
- East to apply
- Bond joint is not brittle hence provides better strength and flexibility VS Epoxy adhesive.
Disadvantages of Polyurethane Adhesives
Polyurethane Adhesives are an excellent all-round adhesive that can be used in a wide range of applications. However, there are some scenarios where an alternative adhesive maybe better.
- Polyurethane adhesives are not as strong as an epoxy glue on metal
- They require a tight fit for a strong join. If the adhesive foams or has a gap to fill upon setting, it will be less strong.
- Setting times vary depending on formulation and environmental conditions.
- Limited shelf life – Polyurethane adhesives typically have a shelf-life of between 6 to 12 months.