AE 100 PU Foam -
A miracle product for preventing leaks and seepages
The smallest of seepages of water can cause water losses of up to 50 liters per day.
How is AE 100 PU Foam effective for seepage gaps between beams and walls?
AE 100 PU Foam is an ideal solution for ensuring your building stays leak-free. When sealing the gaps between beams and walls, it becomes imperative that the material used is non-degrading, can fill itself in all the small nooks and corners and most importantly, keeps the water from seeping into the walls and destroying it from the inside.
How does this problem occur?
This problem usually occurs during the monsoon seasons. During the rainfalls, water from the external walls seeps inside through the beam joints. This seepage causes moisture damage to the interior portions of the walls.
This ingress of water occurs because there are minute gaps present between the beam and wall joints. Shoddy work by the workers or use of the wrong materials which can wither over time are the usual reasons for these gaps in developing in new buildings.
Such seepages lead to shabby homes with the paints peeling off, deterioration of walls, beams and columns. Thus, it significantly reduces the structural integrity of the building.
Traditionally this joint is sealed using regular mortar and chips of bricks. However, this combination is rigid. When exposed to weather fluctuations which cause expansion/ contraction and subtle building movements, such joints crack and makes way for rainwater to seep into the walls.
How does AE 100 PU Foam act as a solution?
When extruded to fill the gaps/ cracks formed, AE 100 Gun grade PU foam spray sealant expands to fill the gap effectively and seal the joint. Initially in liquid form, the foam cures upon expansion into a flexible material which can compress and decompress like foam.
The property to expand and contract is a highly desirable one as the joints can now offer a higher coefficient of linear expansion than that is shown by the rigid mortar technique. This, in turn, further reduces the probability of Beam- wall joint to crack. Another desirable property of the foam is that it also provides acoustical, thermal insulation.
Depending upon the requirements of the construction to be made, AE 100 PU Foam is available in FR and non-FR variants
- Clean the area to be sealed such that it is free from dust, grease and loose particles
- Spray water lightly on the application area
- Extrude AE 100 PUF using PU gun and fill 60-70 % of the gaps.
- Allow the PUF to expand and seal the gaps completely
- Lightly spray water on applied PUF for 100% curing of the chemical
- Cut excess dried foam after 1 hour – the cured foam can be cut, sanded, painted, plastered like any regular construction material.
- Plaster the joint from outside using regular cement mortar.
- 100% seepage-free beam-wall joint till the life of the building
- Faster process than applying cement mortar – reduced labour costs
- Provides acoustical, thermal and Electrical insulation too
- Reliable and long-lasting construction