What Difficulties Do People Face When Installing wash basins?
Wash basin installation onto the granite top is a cumbersome process without the right knowledge of adequate glue/ sealant to be applied. In addition to knowing which sealant to use, it is also essential to know the right procedure of installation.
Contractors, due to inadequate knowledge of sealants sometimes tend to use white cement/ putty to seal the edges between basin and granite. The ‘putty’ cracks with time and unbinds the basin or resulting in leakage from the edges.
Permanent Solution ?
AE products are formulated for use in a wide range of different applications. The silicone sealant we recommend that you employ for this particular application has anti-fungal high strength properties. One uniform bead of sealant applied in the washbasin seating areas on granite is sufficient to bond and seal the wash basin permanently. Additionally, its anti-fungal properties, the sealant doesn’t tend to degrade on prolonged exposure to water.
- Clean the area to be sealed such that it is free from dust, loose particles
- Apply a uniform bead of anti-fungal Bathroom Silicone sealant on the seating area on Granite top
- Place the wash basin on the seating area
- Due to its weight, the wash basin settles by itself into the granite and bond with the top.
- The basin is ready for service in 2-3 hours of bonding.
- The sealant offers permanent bonding at minimal cost
- Simple process to use.
- Anti-fungal and anti-degrading properties when exposed to moisture. These properties make it the right product to apply even in bathrooms where the atmosphere can be deteriorating.
Additional Application areas
- Elastic bonding of panels, profiles and other pieces on the most common substrates (wood, MDF, chipboard, etc).
- Bonds without primer on almost all materials used in the construction and automotive industry, such as aluminium, galvanized and stainless steel, zinc, copper, natural stone, concrete, brick, HPL panels, treated wood, gypsum, glass, various synthetic materials, glass, mirror, etc.
- Gluing of panels and elements in the interior and ceiling construction: wall cladding elements and ceiling panels (interior), isolation panels (mineral wool, wood-wool cement & plastic foams, PUR, PIR, PS)
- Wooden & plastic laths, ornaments, frames, doorsteps, window sills, skirting boards, roofing elements…
- For bonding and sealing in high end extreme applications like marine, ship building, deck, plastic bonding, …
- Gluing and fitting of safety glass in the banking industry and fitting of cable ducts, mitres in aluminium windows, mirrors etc.
- Can be used for bonding materials in the automotive.