Weatherproof Glazing Silicone Sealant
Silirub WSL+ is an excellent weatherproof glazing silicone sealant . Expansion joint sealants require a degree of weather resistivity for their successful use in the construction industry. Silirub WSL+ is a superb product dominating this market. Alongwith neutral-cure system, this one-component product offers high elasticity and used extensively in the facade industry as well.
Characteristics of Silirub WSL+ silicone sealant
Being a specialty product from the McCoy Soudal labs, Silirub WSL+ offers a horde of excellent traits like:
- Compatibility with secondary sealants which have polysulphide or silicone bases. Thus, it finds application in insulating glass units or with laminated glass.
- Easy to apply and offers permanent elasticity after curing.
- Superb adhesion to all substrates, especially glass and is also UV-resistant.
- Lastly, the sealant offers excellent weathering resistance against extreme climatic conditions like rain, frost, snow, wind as well as varying temperatures.
Where is weatherproof Silirub WSL+ Used?
While being a perfect tool for use in the facade industry, it is most commonly seen to be put to use in the following ways:
- Firstly, as a weather seal in curtain wall applications.
- This sealant finds application in areas which require compatibility with double glazed window.
- For expansion, perimeter, connection and other movement joints between building materials, Silirub WSL+ is an ideal product.
Applying weatherpoof glazing Silicone sealant
- Make sure to clean the surface where application will take place. No dust or grease as this can inhibit the adhesive properties.
- The sealant’s preferred method of application is using a caulking gun. However, due to the full range of materials used in the facade industry, the product should undergo a preliminary compatibility test.
- The recommended temperature conditions during the time of application is room temperature conditions.
- As a rule, clean the gun with spirit immediately after use.
- Follow the standard industrial hygiene practices during the time of application.
- This sealant is in natural stones. The preferred product for such applications is the Silirub NS-W.
Can silicone sealant be used outdoors?
With their unique properties, silicone-based weatherproof glazing sealant can be used indoors and outdoors, regardless of the environment.
Is silicone sealant waterproof?
Weatherproof glazing Silicone sealant is used to achieve a waterproof, protective joint seal. The flexible, rubbery plastic has high heat resistance and low toxicity, making an ideal sealant choice for plumbing pipes, aquariums, ships, and other metal fabrication projects that require a watertight seal.