Supex PU 25 PU Sealant is a high-quality multipurpose non-sag one-part Polyurethane sealant that cures on exposure to atmospheric moisture to form a durable elastomer. Supex PU 25 has been specially developed for Indian subtropical conditions ,it is most suitable in high temperature & extreme humid conditions. It is used for Bonding & sealing for Bus Body, Rail Coaches, other automotive applications.
Characteristics Of Supex PU 25 PU Sealant
- Bonds well to a wide variety of substrates.
- Excellent resistance to many chemicals.
- Can be over-painted & non-sag consistency.
- Especially developed for automotive and bus industry, bodywork, container applications.
- Suitable for making permanent elastic seals of high adhesive strength.
- Good resistance to aging, weathering – suitable for indoor and outdoor.
- Vibration and sound damping properties.
- Sandable & over-paintable with many water, solvent based paints
Where Can It Be Used?
- Sealing & Bonding in automotive industry
- General coach-building, caravans & motorhomes assembly and repairing.
- Bus Body & truck industries.
- Thermal & acoustic insulation technology in refrigeration, air-conditioning.
- Suitable substrate materials are timber, metals, particularly aluminium , sheet steel , metal primers and paint coatings , ceramic materials and plastics.
- For elastic bonding to untreated metals & plastics the use of Primers is recommended.
How To Apply Supex PU 25 PU Sealant
- Before application, make sure that the surface is free from dust and grease. This will otherwise inhibit the process of application of the sealant.
- We recommend that you conduct a preliminary compatibility test before proceeding to use the sealant for its desired purpose.
- Apply the sealant evenly. If required, use masking tape to mark the areas of application. Before it cures, make sure to remove the tape.
- The ratio of the joint width to the depth ratio should be 2:1.
- It is recommended to use a backup material if you feel like joint adjustment is required.
- You may use backer rods and bond breakers to facilitate the adhesion. It should adhere only to two surfaces of the joint.
- Take care to follow the standard industrial application procedures. Clean the fun after use before giving the sealant time to cur
Packing , Shelf Life
Colour: Black, White, Packaging: 600ml sausage
Shelf Life : 12 months from Date of Manufacture , store away from Sunlight and Between 5-30 C.