Auto Body Adhesive & Sealant- Product Description
Auto body adhesive is a one-component, high-performance sealant based on advanced MS Polymer technology. This sealant is free of solvent, silicone
and isocyanate. Its features includes fast-drying speed and excellent UV, weather and temperature resistance. The adhesion on various substrates is excellent even without the use of primer, and the sealant is paintable with most types of common industrial paints.
Curing system : Moisture curing
Specific gravity : 1.55 g/mL
Tensile strength : 1.8 N/mm²
Elongation : 250%
Shore A hardness: 55
Skin-Form Time : 15 -30 minutes
- High strength and elastic
- Fast drying
- Primerless bonding to most substrates
- Isocyanate-free – No air bubbling
- Solvent-free – No shrinkage
Uses of Auto Body Adhesive
Ideal for making permanent elastic seals of high bonding strength, especially interior and exterior auto body seams and joints. It is also suitable for high-performance, elastic bonding in construction and industrial applications.
Auto body adhesive is suitable for mounting and pasting of materials such as metal, aluminum, glass, plastic, wood and concrete with each other. It can be used for construction industry, both indoors and outdoors as an elastic adhesive
How to use auto body Seam Sealant
1. Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, oil or water.
2. Surfaces should be cleaned with alcohol, M.E.K. or other suitable solvent. Do not use soap or detergent.
3. For a neat finishing, apply masking tape and remove it before sealant skins over.
4. Cut the tip off and puncture the internal foil seal with the nozzle. Cut the nozzle at 45° angle to desired bead-width and apply the sealant to substrate with a cartridge gun.
5. Tool the sealant within 15 minutes of extrusion before it skins. Tack-free in 30 minutes.
6. Uncured sealant can be cleaned up with mineral spirits.
PHYSICAL STATE: Soft paste
COLOR: White, Beige, Black
PACKAGING: 290 mL/cartridge (20 cartridges/carton), 600 mL/sausage (20 sausages /carton)
SHELF LIFE: 9 months (cartridge), 12 months (sausages)
STORAGE: Store in a dry and cool place with temperature.
Advantages of MS Polymer technology
- Bonds almost all substrates including sheet metal, aluminium, FRP, composite, concrete, glass, wood etc, except PP, LDPE, HDPE, Telfon.
- provides high strength, flexibility so very important in automobile body fabrication. absorbs shock and vibrations
- VOC free
- works on moist surface and underwater too
- faster production due to faster tack free time than PU sealants.