Few adhesives in the market offer the kind of industrial-strength properties that Super Bond SB offers. Formulated by using various synthetic rubbers as its base, it provides a wide range of applications and is solvented initial grab adhesive.
Characteristics of Super Bond SB
Because it falls under the category of a grab adhesive as a grab adhesive, its features include:
- Wide range of applications.
- Can be used for adhesive purposes on uneven surfaces.
- Eliminates the requirement of nails and screws because of its adhesive strength.
Where Can Supr Bond SB Be Used?
Super Bond SB, owing to its ability to be used for adhesion on uneven surfaces, is also used equally for gap filling purposes. Typical applications include:
- Industrial bonding of plinths, wall panels, and skirting boards.
- Bonding of plasterboards, polystyrene isolation and decoration panels and ceramic tiles.
Super Bond SB is a suitable product for use on both porous and non-porous surfaces of different elements.
How to Apply?
- Use a caulking gun to extrude the adhesive as bead onto one surface in strips or dabs.
- Make sure to apply the adhesive to the edge of the panels.
- Press the surfaces together immediately and for better adhesion, batter down with a hammer. The pressure applied plays an important role in the final bonding strength.
- For heavy components or for vertical fixing, use a support until the adhesive is completely cured.
- Apply the sealant under usual industrial hygiene standards. Make sure to work in a place that offers good ventilation. If it is not sufficiently ventilated, make use of breathing equipment.
- Super Bond SB can be used on all surfaces, except PS, PP and PE.
- Before application, it is advised to do a preliminary compatibility test.
Shelf Life and Packaging: The product will remain in usable condition for up to 12 months from the date of manufacture in unopened packaging. It is recommended to store the adhesive in a cool and dry place. It is available in cartridge packaging (390 g)