Soudal Sealant for metal bonding-Soudaflex 611
Soudaflex 611,metal bonding Soudal sealant, is a one part moisture cure polyurethane sealant. It has been especially developed for Indian subtropical conditions after a decade of research, practical application alongwith understanding of Indian climate conditions. it is most suitable in high temperature as well as extreme humid conditions. Soudaflex 611 is particularly designed for sealing application in areas including Bus & Coach, Truck, Earth moving Equipments, Tractor, Forklift, OEM, Repair Auto After Markets also various other commercial and industrial vehicles.
Further, it bonds a variety of material including FRP, GRP, timber, plywood, metals, particularly aluminium (including
anodized components), sheet steel (including phosphated, chromated and zinc-plated components), coated metals and paint coatings (two-part systems), ceramic materials as well as plastics.
Characteristics of Soudal Sealants
- Not only bonds well to a wide variety of substrates but also shows excellent resistance to many chemicals.
- One can overpaint and has non-sag consistency.
- Especially developed for automotive and bus industry, bodywork, container applications.
- Suitable for making permanent elastic seals of high adhesive strength. Good resistance to aging, weathering – thus, suitable for indoor and outdoor applications.
- Vibration and sound damping properties.
- Sandable & over-paintable with many water, Lastly, solvent based paints (preliminary tests recommended).
Technical data of Soudaflex 611
Uses for metal bondng Soudal Polyurethane sealant
Soudal PU Sealant has high elasticity and excellent tear, weathering and vibration resistance. It is easy to apply and provides adhesion on various substrates such as glass, anodized aluminum, lacquered metal, wood, FRP and concrete even without using primer. Uses for polyurethane sealant include:
- General coach-building, caravans & motorhomes assembly and repairing.
- Bus & truck industries
- Thermal & acoustic insulation technology in refrigeration, air-conditioning
- Suitable substrate materials include timber, metals, particularly aluminium (including anodised
components), sheet steel (including phosphated, chromated and zinc-plated components), metal primers and paint coatings (two-part systems), ceramic materials and plastics
- For elastic bonding to untreated metals & plastics the use of Primers is recommended
- Body construction of cars, containers, caravans etc.
- Sealing and bonding of ventilation ducts, gutters and spouts etc.
- Sealing of sheet metal seams
- For vibration reduction in all type of sheet metal assembly works
- Sealing against water, air, gas and dust.
How to use PU sealant
- Soudal PU Sealant is applied with the help of a manual / pneumatic/ battery operated sasuage gun
- Before appling the sealant, surface must be clean, dry, and free of dust and grease
- Do not apply the sealant at temperature less than 5°C
- Application tools can be cleaned with Acetone, PU cleaner before curing. Once cured, the material can onlybe removed mechanically.
- Tooling and finishing – Tooling and finishing must be carried out within the tack-free time of the sealant.
- Overpainting- PU sealants can be over-painted with most conventional paint systems. The paint must be tested for compatibility by carrying out preliminary trials and the best results are obtained if the sealant is allowed to cure fully first, especially in the case of baked enamels. Please note that non- flexible paint systems may impair the elasticity of the adhesive, impair joint movement and lead to cracking of the paint film. PVC based paints and paints that dry by oxidation (oil or alkyd resin based) are generally not suitable for application over PU sealants.
Storage/Shelf Life of metal bonding Soudal Sealant
The storage and application of PU sealant affect the shelf life and usage. The shelf life of all given is understood to be 12 months from the date of manufacturing. It is to be kept in temperature from 5°C to
In the specific case of India, since practically the temperature rises up to 45°C to 50°C, the sealant is usable. Due to extreme heat or humidity, the skin formation time of the same may be little faster in those specific conditions. Although, the sealant can still be used with effectiveness.
Packaging & Colour – Polyurethane joint sealant : Black, White
Packaging: 600ml sausage
Metal bonding Adhesives and sealants
There are certain applications where the bonding agent apart from bonding should have additional characteristics:
- Flexibility of bonded joint to withstand flexing, vibrations: Eg: Bus body building
- high gap filling capability: Eg: sheet metal panels are ‘wavy’- not rigid, requires thick sealant which can work like a cushion between the panels and also provide high bond strength.
- Surface insensitive bonding- can bond variety of substrates , Viz: metal, SS, FRP, composites, plastic, Wood.
- Low cost
- Ease of application and use
Soudalfex 611 ticks all the boxes for such special requirements. Hence it is used extensively for bus body building, ship building, HVAC and in white goods industry.
Synonyms of Metal bonding adhesive: adhesive for metal to metal, bonding metal to metal, steel to steel adhesive, adhesive bonding metal, bond metal, metal adhesive, metal to concrete adhesive, metal to metal bond, strong glue for metal, steel adhesive, best adhesive for metals, strong adhesive for metal, metal bonding glue, industrial glue for metal & etc.
Next generation flexible bonding adhesives!!
PU sealant is an excellent adhesive and sealant. It also has some challenges too- poor UV and weather resistance, shorter life vs silicone sealants, limited bond strength, time requred to gain initial bond strength. What if we can get an adhesive which genetically has advantages of silicone and PU sealants, doesnt have the limitations of siliicone or pu sealant, fast bonding, optimal bonding cost.
MS polymer adhesives and sealants or Hybrid adhesives is the answer. To know more kindly check our blog on MS polymer technology.
Where to buy Soudal adhesives & sealants; Eg: Soudaflex 611
Boss PU 25 / Soudaflex 611 is avaialble across India including Mumbai,Pune, Nashik, Jalgaon, Akola, Nagpur, Solapur, Auranagabad, Ahemdabad, Vadodara, Surat, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jammu, Rudrapur, Moradabad, Noida, Lucknow, Kanpur, Varansai, Indore, Bhopal, Gwalior, Agra and etc.
Kindly call us for best price, door delivery, technical support, training on Soudal PU sealants.