Expansion joint sealants require a degree of weather resistivity for their successful use in the construction industry. Silirub WSL+ is a superb product dominating this market. With a neutral-cure system, this one-component product offers high elasticity and is used extensively in the facade industry.
Characteristics of Silirub WSL+
Being a specialty product from the McCoy Soudal labs, Silirub WSL+ offers a horde of excellent traits like:
- Compatibility with secondary sealants which have polysulphide or silicone bases. Thus it finds application in insulating glass units or with laminated glass.
- Easy to apply and offers permanent elasticity after curing.
- Superb adhesion to all substrates, especially glass and is also UV-resistant.
- The sealant offers excellent weathering resistance against extreme climatic conditions like rain, frost, snow, wind and varying temperatures.
Where Can It Be Used?
While being a perfect tool for use in the facade industry, it is most commonly seen to be put to use in the following ways:
- As a weather seal in curtain wall applications.
- This sealant finds application in areas where the compatibility with double glazed window units is required.
- For expansion, perimeter, connection and other movement joints between building materials, Silirub WSL+ is an ideal product to be used.
How To Apply Silirub WSL+
- Make sure to clean the surface on which the sealant is to be applied. There should be no dust or grease as this can inhibit the adhesive properties.
- The sealant’s preferred method of application is using a caulking gun. However, due to the full range of materials used in the facade industry, it is recommended that the product undergoes a preliminary compatibility test.
- Temperature conditions during the time of application should be room temperature conditions.
- Make sure to clean the gun with spirit immediately after use.
- Follow the standard industrial hygiene practices during the time of application.
- This sealant s in natural stones. The preferred product for such applications is the Silirub NS-W.