Silirub PS is a neutral cure silicone sealant which finds application specifically in interior and exterior sealing applications. This includes joints, weather sealing and connection joints, to name a few.
Characteristics Of Silirub PS
Silirub PS is a versatile product with a number of desirable properties. Before you purchase this product, going through the characteristics below will give you an idea if Silirub PS is the right product for your requirement.
- It stays elastic after curing
- Offers good weathering resistance against external pollution
- It is easily toolable and has soft extrudable properties
- It does not slump and hence can be used for overhead, vertical and sidewall applications with ease.
- It offers excellent adherence to most substrates including steel, concrete, aluminium glass, wood and stone.
Where Can It Be Used?
Some of the most commonly seen applications of this particular sealant are:
- Telecom shelters, uPVC profiles, door and window frames, ACP glass, aluminium fenestration.
- Building and construction joints
- Topsealing between the treated wood and glass or between other surfaces. Some of the readily seen applications are between PVC and glass or aluminium and glass.
- Sealing between PVC and glass
How to Apply Silirub PS
- Make sure to use a caulking gun for the application of Silirub PS
- It should be applied at room temperature, without exceeding a maximum of 35oC
- Clean the surface with spirit and make sure to remove dirt and dust particles carefully.
- Remember to not apply this sealant on PVB-films or double glass windows. In case that is your requirement, check out Silirub WSL+.
- Do not apply this on natural stone as it will not adhere as well. Use Silirub NS-W for the same.