Silirub IS – Industrial Seal is a silicone sealant that uses a moisture cure system. It is a high- performance moisture cure silicone sealant with outstanding adhesive/sealing properties. Hence it is an essential tool in every critical industrial application. Despite being an industrial product, SIlirub IS is also approved by the FDA and thus can also be used in food preparation and storage environments like restaurants.
When looking for a sealant for industrial purposes, Silirub IS is the preferred sealant to buy from the store. It typically finds application for a wide range of situations and materials like:
- Sealing of lock seams and joints in the ductwork
- Joining of welds and Fasteners in metal fabrication
- Application on corrosion sensitive substances like chrome and steel
- Food-grade environments like food storage units and restaurants
- Electrical applications
- Solar panels
- Top Sealing and glazing jobs
- Joining together PVC and other plastics with glass.
Characteristics of Silirub IS:
Silirub IS is a suitable product for most critical industrial applications. Its properties are due to developing the right formula using polysiloxane as its base. With a paste-like consistency, it is also popular because of its skin formation time of under 15 minutes. Some of its other properties include:
- It is a one-component product with RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanising) properties.
- It is used to corrosion-prone substances due to its anti-fungal properties
- Can be applied to both overhead or vertical joints
- It offers superb weathering resistance and does not crack, crumble or dry out under intense sunlight or UV radiation.
- It can bond with almost all surfaces like- clean metals, painted surfaces, glasses, ceramics, non-oily woods, cement, plastics and concrete surfaces. Clean metal-including chrome, painted surfaces, glasses, ceramics, most plastics, non-oily woods, fibrous cement and concrete surfaces.
- Silirub IS also has di-electrical properties
- It is FDA approved (food grade) and thus is applicable in food storage units and restaurants.