Silirub B&K is a silicone sealant that offers high performance when it comes to sealing/bonding activities in areas that remain wet most of the time. Commonly used in kitchen and bathroom areas, this product is also FDA approved (food grade) by Ianesco (France).
Characteristics Of Silirub B&K
- Excellent adhesion properties to porous and non-porous surfaces.
- One component RTV product (Room Temperature Vulcanising)
- It offers excellent resistance to UV radiation.
- Because of its use in wet areas, it also has excellent resistance to fungus growth and mould formation.
- It is suitable for use on overhead and vertical joints.
- Silirub B&K is FDA approved (food grade).
Where Can It Be Used?
Since it is FDA approved, it finds more interior applications than in the exterior. Thus, some of the commonly found uses of this product include:
- Bonding/ Sealing of joints in sanitary applications and kitchens.
- It is used for sealing joints in container and cold store applications.
- Silirub B&K can also be found in use for glazing works and even air conditioning sealing.
How To Apply Silirub B&K?
- The preferred method for application should be a caulking gun. Take care to maintain standard industrial hygiene practices.
- The atmospheric conditions during the time of applications should be those at room temperature conditions.
- Make sure to clean the surface of application. Traces of dust and grease can affect the curing process. Use a primer before applying on porous surfaces.
- Clean the gun using spirit immediately after use.
- Silirub B&K sealant should not be used in contact with PVB-films or for sealing purposes of double glass windows and security glass.
- It is necessary to conduct a preliminary adhesion test on PVC to make sure the product meets your requirements.
- This product is not for use on natural stone. For such purposes, we recommend Silirub NS-W.