Supex Anaerobic Adhesive 638
Supex Anaerobic adhesive Loctite 638 is a high strength retaining compound designed for the bonding of cylindrical parts where the bond gaps can approach 0.25 mm. The compound is used to fill the inner space between components and close-fitting metal surfaces. Supex 638 cures in the absence of air to form a strong precision assembly and prevents loosening and leakage caused by shock and vibration.
What is a Retaining Compound?
A retaining compound is an anaerobic adhesive that can secure bearings, bushes and cylindrical parts into housings or onto shafts. The compound is applied as a liquid and is used to fill in the inner spaces of components forming a 100% contact between mating metal surfaces. Once cured the retaining compound forms a strong precision assembly
What Are The Benefits of anaerobic adhesive 638
A retaining compound helps to achieve maximum load transmission capability and uniform stress distribution. Micro movements between parts are eliminated to prevent component damage and fretting corrosion which reduces the need to purchase costly replacement parts
Features and Benefits of anaerobic adhesive 638
• Robust curing performance
• Works on active metals such as mild steel
• Works on passive substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces
• High temperature performance
• Tolerates minor surface contaminations from oils including cutting, lubrication, anti-corrosion and protection fluids
• Single component, quick and easy to apply
• Ideal for shafts, gears, pulleys and similar cylindrical parts
Uses of Supex 638
Supex 638 retaining compound offers a high resistance to dynamic, axial and radial loads. This feature makes anaerobic adhesive 638 ideal for bonding cylindrical fitting parts, shafts, gears, pulleys and locking bushing and sleeves into housings and onto shafts.
Specification: Anaerobic Adhesive 638
- Colour: Green
- Cure time: 15 min, 24 Hrs
- Strength: High
- Max. operating temperature: 150C
- Min operating temperature: – 55C
Loctite 638 use
Anaerobic adhesive 638 is a high strength retaining compound designed for the bonding of cylindrical parts where the bond gaps can approach 0.25 mm. The compound is used to fill the inner space between components and close-fitting metal surfaces.