High Temperature Sealant
Supex 1500 High Temperature Sealant / Refractory sealant based on sodium silicate and with its special formulation resistant up to 1500 ˚C. Fireplace sealant is intended to repairing and sealing in places exposed to extremely high temperatures.
Uses of Supex 1500 Refractory Sealant
- installation and sealing of fireplaces, stoves, grates repairs of elements exposed to fire, not subjected to tensions
- resistant to high temperatures up to +1500°C
- resistant to direct flame
- excellent adhesion to wide range of construction substrates
Application temperature [°C] +5 – +40
TECHNICAL DATA of High Temperature Sealant S1500
Uncured – tested at 23 °C and 50% relative humidity Value
Density [g/ml] 1,9 ± 0,02
Skin formation time [min] 5 – 20
Curing rate [mm/24h] 2 – 3
Cured – tested after 4 weeks at 23 °C and 50% relative humidity Value
Temperature resistance [°C] ≤1500
How to use Supex 1500 sealant
- Before application: clean the surface from dirt and dust.
- Cut off the cartridge tip, screw on the canula and cut it obliquely to the desired diameter.
- Once applied and dried, and for an appropriate use, we recommend to heat at 200⁰C for a short period of time.
- Excellent adhesion on most porous construction materials and metal.
- Uncured product can be cleaned with water.
- Once cured, the product can be removed mechanically.
- Do not apply to hot surfaces! Rapid evaporation of the material will entrap bubbles in the products and create voids affecting the performance of the product. Warm surfaces are preferred.
- Packaging : 310 ml x 12 per box
- Shelf Life : Store the product in cool places away from direct sunlight. The shelf life is 12 months at temperatures between +5°C and +25°C
- Caution : Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Use in well-ventilated places. Don’t breathe vapors. Do not smoke when using the product.
- Health and Safety : For more information and advice on the safe handling, storage and disposal of chemical products, users shall refer to the most recent Material Safety Data Sheet containing, physical, ecological, and toxicological and other safety related data.