Product Description: High Temperature Gasket Sealant
High temperature silicone sealant or red silicone is stable up to 280 C . It replaces traditonal solid gaskets to effectively seal seeping & leaking flanges. Sometimes, sealants can lose their functional properties under extreme conditions like varying temperature conditions, severe chemical attacks etc. So, from the Adhesive R&D labs comes a specialised product – High temperature silicone sealant Gasketseal. This product is a permanently elastic, one component sealant with a silicone base that can retain its elasticity even at extremely high temperatures.
To know how can we stop seepages & leakages from flanges, gaskets call +919833892782 or click here.
Characteristics of Gasketseal
- Applicable to almost all surfaces.
- Gasketseal can resist temperatures of up to 280oC and remains completely elastic within this temperature range.
- Stays permanently elastic after curing
- Typical acetic smell, acetoxy silicone sealant
Where Can high temperature Gasket sealant Be Used?
Gasketseal – High temperature silicone sealant, finds use in a range of areas that are regularly exposed to high temperatures and yet, need to maintain their functionality. Some of these applications include:
- For the sealing between metal parts.
- It is an essential product to use during the creation of gaskets that need to be heat resistant.
- Finds large use in heating systems and kitchen machinery where heat resistant sealing is a very crucial affair.
- Gaskets in pumps and motors also require the use of a heat sealing sealant.
How To Use Gasketseal sealant?
- Take care to follow the standard industrial hygienic procedures during the application of the sealant.
- Clean the surface before application. This sealant does not need a primer before applying on a non-porous surface.
- Use a caulking gun for optimal delivery of the sealant.
- Take care that the temperature of the surroundings does not exceed 35oC as the sealant has a moisture curing system.
- Clean the gun immediately after use with white spirit. Take care that it should be done before the sealant cures after which, you have to remove the sealant mechanically.
- Finish the application by applying soapy water before the skin formation over the sealant takes place.
- Due to the acetic character of the sealant, some metals such as copper and lead can undergo chemical attack. Therefore, we recommend that a preliminary compatibility test should take place before you proceed with using Gasketseal