Product Description: High Temperature Gasket Sealant
High temperature silicone sealant or red silicone is stable upto 280 C . It replaces traditonal solid gaskets to effectively seal seeping & leaking flanges. Sometimes, sealants can lose their functional properties under extreme conditions like varying temperature conditions, severe chemical attacks etc. So, from the Adhesive R&D labs comes a specialised product – High temperature silicone sealant Gasketseal. This product is a permanently elastic, one component sealant with a silicone base that can retain its elasticity even at extremely high temperatures.
To know how can we stop seepages & leakages from flanges, gaskets call +919833892782 or click here.
Characteristics of Gasketseal
- Applicable to almost all surfaces.
- Gasketseal can resist temperatures of up to 280oC and remains completely elastic within this temperature range.
- Stays permanently elastic after curing
- Typical acetic smell, acetoxy silicone sealant
Where Can high temperature Gasket sealant Be Used?
Gasketseal – High temperature silicone sealant, finds use in a range of areas that are regularly exposed to high temperatures and yet, need to maintain their functionality. Some of these applications include:
- For the sealing between metal parts.
- It is an essential product to use during the creation of gaskets that need to be heat resistant.
- Finds large use in heating systems and kitchen machinery where heat resistant sealing is a very crucial affair.
- Gaskets in pumps and motors also require the use of a heat sealing sealant.
How To Use Gasketseal sealant?
- Take care to follow the standard industrial hygienic procedures during the application of the sealant.
- Clean the surface before application. This sealant does not need a primer before applying on a non-porous surface.
- Use a caulking gun for optimal delivery of the sealant.
- Take care that the temperature of the surroundings does not exceed 35oC as the sealant has a moisture curing system.
- Clean the gun immediately after use with white spirit. Take care that it should be done before the sealant cures after which, you have to remove the sealant mechanically.
- Finish the application by applying soapy water before the skin formation over the sealant takes place.
- Due to the acetic character of the sealant, some metals such as copper and lead can undergo chemical attack. Therefore, we recommend that a preliminary compatibility test should take place before you proceed with using Gasketsea
Where is High temperature gasket sealant used?
High-temperature silicones sealant are also popular in industrial applications, such as pump and compressor gaskets, appliance door gaskets, humidifier gaskets, ductwork, insulating wire and cable and furnace door gaskets, amongst others.
How long does it take for high temp silicone to set?
Will Heat make silicone dry faster?
Though it may seem a bit counterintuitive, humid climates actually facilitate faster curing. Warmer the temperature, the faster you silicone will cure. It is recommended that you avoid applying direct heat to silicone in an effort to speed up the curing process.
At what temp does silicone melt?
Silicone does not have a melting point and remains solid until combustion occurs. At high temperatures (200-450oC), silicone rubber will slowly lose its mechanical properties over time, becoming brittle.