Firesilicone B1 FR by McCoy Soudal is a high-quality, one-component silicone sealant which also has the recognition of meeting the DIN4102 B1 standard for fire retardancy. As per this rating, the sealant can resist fire for up to 4 hours when applied to specific joint configurations.
Characteristics of Firesilicone B1 FR
- The sealant is very easy to apply and offers permanent elasticity upon curing.
- It has superb adhesion properties and also showcases strong resistance against UV radiation on most surfaces.
- Has a low modulus and is also colourfast.
- Conforms with the DIN 4102-Part 2: Class B1 fire rating requirements which allow it to resist catching flames for up to 4 hours with usual PE backing material.
Where Can It Be Used?
- All construction and buildings that require a fire rating will look to use Firesilicone B1 FR as their preferred product of choice.
- It is also extensively used in fire-rated expansion joints.
How To Apply Firesilicone B1 FR?
- Take care to follow the standard industrial hygiene methods for applying sealants. Make sure to clean the surface and remove all traces of dust and grease.
- If the sealant is applied to porous substances, Primer 150 should be used to prime the surface. It is recommended that a preliminary compatibility test be conducted before you proceed.
- To enhance the adhesion properties on smooth surfaces, we advise you to use Soudal Surface Activator.
- Use a caulking gun as the method of delivery for maximum impact.
- As for backing material, we suggest the use of PE backer rods for correct joint dimensions.
- Take care that during the application, the atmospheric temperature does not exceed room temperature conditions.
- After application, clean the caulking gun with white spirit immediately. If the sealant cures, then it has to be mechanically removed by chipping it off.
- Finish the applied sealant properly by using a soapy solution.