Firecryl FR by McCoy Soudal is an acrylic-based one-component joint sealant with plasto-elastic properties. It is also a popular product due to its flame retardant and intumescent properties. Some of its most commonly found applications are:
- Interior applications which call for fire-resistant properties.
- Fire-resistant joints that can offer movements up to 10 per cent.
- It also finds application in connection joints in the building industry which require fire-retardant properties.
- It is also extensively used for sealing cracks and holes in concrete and plaster.
Characteristics of Firecryl FR
Firecryl’s impressive flame retardant properties are a result of the right formulation of the raw materials used. We have listed some of the components below:
- It prevents the entry of fire and smoke.
- In case of a fire, Firecryl FR offers retardation against fire for up to 4 hours.
- The sealant swells when exposed to temperatures above 120oC due to its intumescent properties.
- Can be painted over.
- Offers waterproof surface after curing.
- Superb adhesion to porous surfaces.
- It can be painted over after curing without any problem.
Where Can It Be Used?
Typically, Firecryl FR can be used on all porous building surfaces, provided it is initially made free from dust and grease. However, we recommend that you conduct a preliminary compatibility test to reaffirm its usability on the surface of your choice.
How To Apply Firecryl FR?
- Use a handheld/ pneumatic caulking gun for application of the sealant.
- Smoothen the sealant with a filling-knife.
- Take care to apply the sealant during room temperature conditions (5-300oC). Using during rainy or frosty conditions is not adviced as it inhibits the curing process.
- Uncured Firecryl FR sealant can be removed using water. Cured sealant, however, must be mechanically removed.
- Take care to apply the sealant with the industry-recommended hygiene standards.
Available in: Cartridge (310 mL) or foil bag (600 mL) in white or grey packaging.