About Fire Sealant
Selsil Fire sealant is based on sodium silicate and with its special formulation resistant up to 1500 C. Especially designed for sealing and assembling of stoves, ovens, barbecues and heaters.
- Fast curing
- Low odor
- Solvent Free
- No Cracking
Specific Gravity: 1,90 ± 0,05
Temperature Resistance: 1500 °C
How to use Fire Sealant
- clean the surface from dirt and dust.
- Cut off the cartridge tip, screw on the canula and cut it obliquely to the desired diameter.
- Once applied and dried, and for an appropriate use, we recommend to heat at 200C for a shortperiod of time.
- Excellent adhesion on most porous construction materials and metal.
- Uncured product can be cleaned with water.
- Once cured, the product can be removed mechanically.
- Do not apply to hot surfaces! Rapid evaporation of the material will entrap bubbles in the products and create voids affecting the performance of the product. Warm surfaces are preferred.
Applications of Refractory Sealant
- Insulation and sealing works requiring heat-resistance.
- Insulation of joints and filling of cracks in chimneys, ovens, fireplaces and stoves, suitable for sealing soot doors.
Adheres to metal, stone, brick and concrete substrates. Exercise care during any contact with metal,
since metal moves when exposed to temperature whereas sealant does not.
Shelf life 12 months starting from the date of manufacture if stored in a closed original
package in a dry place between +5 °C and +30 °C. Do not store near open flames or active heat source.
Not suitable in moving joints and in contact with materials that expand or contract when exposed to temperature. Unheated product is not water proof and will spread in a wide joint.
Ensure sufficient ventilation during application. Keep out of the reach of children. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with water and seek medical advice. Cured sealant can be handled without any danger to health. Detailed safety information is available on safety data sheet (SDS).