Fire rated silicone sealant
Firesilicone B1 FR by McCoy Soudal is a high-quality, one-component silicone sealant which also has the recognition of meeting the DIN4102 B1 standard for fire retardancy. As per this rating, the sealant can resist fire for up to 4 hours when applied to specific joint configurations.
Characteristics of Firesilicone B1 FR
- The sealant is very easy to apply and offers permanent elasticity upon curing.
- It has superb adhesion properties and also showcases strong resistance against UV radiation on most surfaces.
- Has a low modulus and is also colourfast.
- Conforms with the DIN 4102-Part 2: Class B1 fire rating requirements which allow it to resist catching flames for up to 4 hours with usual PE backing material.
Uses of Fire rated Silicone sealant
- All construction and buildings that require a fire rating will look to use Firesilicone B1 FR as their preferred product of choice.
- It is also extensively used in fire-rated expansion joints.
How To use Firesilicone B1 FR, fire rated silicone sealant?
- Take care to follow the standard industrial hygiene methods for applying sealants. Make sure to clean the surface and remove all traces of dust and grease.
- If the sealant is applied to porous substances, Primer 150 should be used to prime the surface. It is recommended that a preliminary compatibility test be conducted before you proceed.
- To enhance the adhesion properties on smooth surfaces, we advise you to use Soudal Surface Activator.
- Use a caulking gun as the method of delivery for maximum impact.
- As for backing material, we suggest the use of PE backer rods for correct joint dimensions.
- Take care that during the application, the atmospheric temperature does not exceed room temperature conditions.
- After application, clean the caulking gun with white spirit immediately. If the sealant cures, then it has to be mechanically removed by chipping it off.
- Finish the applied sealant properly by using a soapy solution.
Fire Sealing Technologies, know more.
What is fire rated sealant?
Firesilicone B1 FR Fire Stop is a single component, neutral cure, fire-stopping sealant. It is an elastomeric, high performance sealant capable of meeting the joint movement requirements in a fire-rated joint.
Is silicone sealant fire resistant?
Fire Rated Silicone Sealant, fi silicone B1FR is a one part, low modulus, neutral cure, halogen free product. It is fire rated up to 4 hours and offers excellent adhesion to many common building substrates.
Is fire sealant waterproof?
B1FR fire silicone is a high-performance, ready-to-use, single component, neutral cure, non- slumping intumescent silicone sealant. Product cures upon exposure to atmospheric humidity to form a flexible firestop seal that also acts as a barrier to water leakage and airborne sound transmission.
What are other names of FR Silicone sealant?
Fireproof sealant, fire rated sealant, fire resistant silicone sealant, fire silicone sealant, fire rated silicone, fire resistant sealants, fire retardant silicone, fire silicone, fire resistant sealant, fire rated sealants, fireproof silicone, fireproof silicone sealant