Fire Rated Expanding Foam
Fire rated expanding foam ,Soudafoam FR, is a single-component, self- expanding, ready-to-use polyurethane foam which is a top-rated product in McCoy Soudal’s arsenal. It boasts of a fire rating of up to 120 minutes in specific configurations, as per the standards set by Aust Standard AS1530.4-2005 and EN 1366-4. It is avaialble at a very competitive price in Mumbai and across India.
- Soudafoam FR’s fire-resistant properties allow it to resist fire for up to 4 hours.
- It meets all the standards as per Aust Standard AS1530.4-2005
- The cured sealant is excellent for preventing the passage of smoke and gas.
- It offers excellent adhesion to all surfaces (except PE, PP and PTFE).
- High thermal and acoustic insulation properties make it desirable for applications in heat and sound-intensive areas.
- Excellent bonding properties.
- Excellent stability (no shrinkage or post-expansion)
Applications of Fire rated expanding foam
Soudafoam FR, being a versatile product, has a wide range of applications. With the addition of the thermal and acoustic insulation properties, it is prominently used in:
- Installation of fireproof doors and windows.
- Sealing fire and smoke between walls, floors and ceilings.
- During sealing of openings in roof constructions.
- Applications requiring a sound-absorbing layer for lesser noise within the rooms.
How To Use?
- Shake the Soudafoam FR can vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Clean the surface before application. It should be free from excess oils as well. Use a degreasing agent.
- Moisten the surface with some water before proceeding to apply the sealant.
- Fit the aerosol can to the gan and continue to fill up to 65 per cent of the gap with the foam. Allow it to expand and cure.
- If you have to apply it in layers, moisten each layer before applying.
- Do not forget to clean the gun after applying the sealant. Otherwise, once it cures, you will have to remove it mechanically by scraping it off.
Colour: Light red
Packaging: 750 ml aerosol (net)