Window silicone sealant, Supex 501
Exterior window silicone sealant, Supex 501 is a gap filling sealant that on contact to atmosphere forms a durable elastomeric compound. It is a Green Building Product with Zero Percent VOC.
- it is odourless and chemically neutral.
- Possibility of painting as well as grinding after curing.
- possibility of applying multiple layers after curing
- exterior as well as interior applications.
Properties of Exterior Window silicone Sealant Supex 501
- Very easy application.
- Form permanently water repellent layer after curing.
- Resistant to weather conditions.
- Remains flexible for a long time after curing.
- Does not effect the application surface.
- Elastic. It has bright, glossy appearance.
- It can be used for all porous surfaces such as brick, concrete and wood.
- Water, wind and moisture resistant on aluminium, wood and PVC frames and windows.
Uses of Supex 501 Sealant
SUPEX 501 bonds well on the whole to a wide variety of substrates. Thus, they are absolutely suitable for making permanent elastic seals. These seals are of high adhesive strength.
Gaps between prefabricated construction element. Assembly wood, PVC, iron and aliminium joinery. Joints in stone, wood, concerete, plaster and brick works etc. Sealing of window and door frame to masonry.
- general gap filling and sealing
- HVAC Duct sealing
- skirting boards
- Concrete Expansion joints.
- In addition, concrete, Granite Joints.
- Wood, Concrete , Granite,
- Lastly, aluminum, G I Sheet, M. S. Panel
How to use window silicone sealant
Surface preparation: First and foremost, clean the surfaces dry. It must be free from all traces of grease, oil as well as dust.
Tooling and Finishing : Tooling and finishing must be carried out within the tack free time of the sealant. However, other finishing agent or lubricants must be tested for suitability or compatibility.
In the case of uncured sealant, remove it from tools and equipment with Supex Cleaner. Nonetheless, any another suitable solvent can also be used. As soon as it is cured, remove the material mechanically. Most importantly, wash Hands and exposed skin immediately. Any hand clean towel or a suitable industrial hand cleaner and water can be used. Do not use solvents or petrochemical solvents.
Not suitable for
Minimum Width: 5mm
Maximum Width: 20mm
Minimum Depth: 5mm
Recommendation: joint depth = joint width
- 500 gms cartridge , 24 cartridges included in a Box
- Colours Available : White, Black.
Window Sealing Questions answered
What is the best sealant for outside windows?
Your best choice is Supex 501 Exterior window sealant because it forms permanent, water- and weather-resistant seals in most exterior gaps and joints. It is durable, flexible, and resistant to UV radiation and ozone, making it ideal for caulking windows and other demanding outdoor applications.
Can you seal windows from outside?
Should windows be sealed on the outside? Yes, it’s best to apply caulk to both the interior and exterior when installing new windows. This will seal any unwanted air leaks. Using a sealant gun will ensure you fill any gaps and get a clean line.
What sealant do you use around uPVC windows?
Repairing your window sills and frames is a job for a flexible and durable sealant like Supex 488 Weather Guard Outdoor Window and Door Frame. This weatherproof propriety sealant provides permanent yet flexible seals to fill any gaps or cracks and can be used on wooden, plastic (uPVC) or metal window sills and frames.