Bus body Polyurethane sealant PU 40
Supex PU Sealant 40 is a single-component, moisture curing, polyurethane-based sealant material used for metal to metal bonding for bus body applications.
- Easy application with gun.
- Cures with the humidity in the air.
- No volume change.
- Resistant to weather conditions and water.
- Permanent elasticity.
- No over joint expansion-bubble free curing
- Chemical Base: Polyurethane
- Curing Mechanism: Atmospheric Moisture
- Specific gravity(DIN 53479) 1,15 ± 0,03 g/cm3
- Tack free time: 60-90 min.
- Cure Rate 2 mm/24 hour
- Hardness (ASTM D 53505): 40±5 Shore A
- Elongation at Break(DIN 53504): ≥ 500%
- Modulus 100 % (DIN 53504): >0,4 Mpa
- Tensile Strength: 10 N/mm
How to use bus body sealant Supex PU 40
Application Temperature: +5 °C to +35 °C
Temperature Resistance: -30 °C to +80 °C
The application surface must be solid, clean, dry and free of dust, oil and grease. Apply a primer if necessary. If necessary, rub down metal surfaces before usage. Allow the substrate to dry after degreasing.
It is recommended to clean concrete with a metal brush.
Bus body PU Sealant;
- Is capable of adhesion to cement-based building materials, brick, ceramic, marble, glass, wood, galvanize steel, aluminum and most plastic surfaces.
- Used in construction industry, in the cavities of the joints between building elements
- Used for joints and assembly of aluminum, PVC, wooden framing
- Used for laying of roof tiles
Uses of PU40 sealant
- Can be applied by a manual or pneumatic gun.
- After application, it is needed to smooth the joint with soapy water.
- It is suggested to use cartridge or sausage in 24 hours after opening .
- Do not apply at a temperature under 5 °C.
- In cold weather, store the packages at about 20 °C before use.
- bus body PU sealant Selflex PU 40 can not be used on bituminous substrates, natural rubber, EPDM rubber or on building materials which might bleed oils, plasticizers or solvents which could attack the sealant.
- If there is a moisture-vapor-transmission condition exists from the substrate as this can caus bubbling within the sealant.
- Opened cartridges should be used the same day.
- During application, avoid air-entrapment
- There can be slightly color change in white and grey shades when exposed to ultraviolet rays.
- Avoid contact with alcohol and other solvent cleaners during cure.
- Maximum depth/width of sealant must not exceed 12 mm; minimum is 5 mm.
Tools can be cleaned with alcohol or acetone before the sealant has completely cured. After curing, abrasion is necessary.
Resistant to water, seawater, diluted alkalis, cement grout and water dispersed detergent. Not resistant to alcohols, organic acids, concentrated alkalis and concentrated acids, chlorinated (hydro-carbons) fuel.
In 600 ml aluminum sausage
White, Grey, Black and various colors
Store the product in a cool and dry place. The shelf life is 12 months at temperatures between +5°C and +25°C.
Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Use in well-ventilated places. Don’t breathe vapors. Do not smoke when using the product.
Health and Safety
For more information and advice on the safe handling, storage and disposal of chemical products, users shall refer to the most recent Material Safety Data Sheet containing, physical, ecological, and toxicological and other safety related data.