BOSS 352 is a high-quality paintable acrylic sealant for gaps & cracks. BOSS 352 paintable sealant is designed for interior use. BOSS 352 paintable sealant forms a tough, flexible, resilient bond to all building material surfaces. It has excellent resistance to water, weathering and moisture vapor. BOSS 352 cures to produce a flexible seal that is non-yellowing.
- Joints with movements up to 15%.
- Recommended for filling gaps between doors and window frames during installation process.
- Very good adhesion on many porous substrates and aluminium.
- Best for interior application.
- Connection joints in the building industry.
- Joints between window perimeter, skirting-board,& floor and brickwork, etc.
Characteristics of Boss 352 Sealant
Boss 352 is ideal for use in indoor applications. Some of its most salient features include:
- Easy to apply.
- It is colourfast and offers waterproof properties after curing.
- Excellent adhesion properties are observed upon application on porous surfaces and aluminium.
- It can be easily painted over once the curing is complete.
Shelf Life and Packaging:
- Shelf-life of up to 12 months from the date of manufacture is guaranteed.
- The product comes in a white cartridge packaging of 450 gms
How to reduce Boss 352 buying costs?
How to use acrylic sealant for window sealing?
- Use a handheld or pneumatic caulking gun for the correct application of this sealant.
- It should be taken care to apply Boss 352 during room temperature conditions. This allows for curing to take place at its best rate. Application during rainy or frosty conditions is inadvisable as it will inhibit the curing process.
- Uncured sealant can be removed from the tools using water. However, the cured product will have to be removed using a mechanical approach.
- Take cure to apply the sealant under the standard industrial application hygiene.
- Do not use it on surfaces that will be exposed continuously to water immersion scenarios.
What is an acrylic sealant?
ACRYLIC SEALANT is a water based general-purpose, flexible sealant that is used for caulking, grouting, jointing and embedding in building construction. It is easy to apply and compatible with most materials used in construction e.g. concrete, wood, brick, natural and artificial stone, glass, metal and sanitary-ware. Acrylate sealants originally were used for their ability to be overpainted. Whilst this is impossible for silicone sealants, the results on acrylic can be reasonably to very good.
Is Acrylic sealant flexible?
Acrylic sealant provides protection to various surfaces from dust and insects that may come through that gap and its main characteristic is that it stays flexible even after you paint it.
Silicone Sealant vs Acrylic Sealant
One of the advantages of acrylic sealant over silicone sealant is that it can be painted. While most acrylic sealants can be painted, this process does not apply to silicone sealant. Furthermore, in all other areas, silicone sealing materials perform better than acrylic sealing materials. Silicone sealant is more flexible and long lasting. Acrylic sealant varies depending on the climate in which it is applied. Besides, silicone sealants can be applied more easily than acrylic sealants.