Bathroom Kitchen Silicone Sealant
Silirub B&K is an anti-fungal sanitary silicone sealant that offers high performance when it comes to sealing/bonding activities. As a rule, in areas that remain wet most of the time. Commonly used in kitchen and bathroom areas. This product is also FDA approved (food grade) by Ianesco (France).
Characteristics Of Silirub B&K
- Firstly, excellent fixing properties to porous as well as non-porous surfaces.
- One component RTV product (Room Temperature Vulcanising)
- It offers excellent resistance to UV radiation.
- Because of its use in wet areas, it also has excellent resistance to fungus growth as well as mould formation.
- It is suitable for use on overhead and vertical joints.
- Lastly, silirub B&K is FDA approved (food grade).
Where is bathroom kitchen silicone sealant Used?
Since it is FDA approved, it finds more interior applications than in the exterior. Thus, some of the commonly found uses of this product include:
- Bonding/ Sealing of joints in sanitary applications and kitchens.
- Used for sealing joints in container and cold store applications.
- Silirub B&K also used for glazing works and even air conditioning sealing.
Applying silicone sealant Silirub B&K?
- The preferred method for application should be a caulking gun. Take care to maintain standard industrial hygiene practices.
- The atmospheric conditions during the time of applications should be those at room temperature conditions.
- Make sure to clean the surface of application. Dust and grease can affect the curing process. Use a primer before applying on porous surfaces.
- Clean the gun using spirit immediately after use.
- Silirub B&K sealant should never be in contact with PVB-films or for sealing purposes of double glass windows and security glass.
- It is necessary to conduct a preliminary adhesion test on PVC to make sure the product meets your requirements.
- This product is not for use on natural stone. For such purposes, we recommend Silirub NS-W.
What is the best silicone sealant for bathrooms?
Being in regular contact with water we require a sealant which can withstand water contact and has anti fungal, mould properties. So best option is to use anti fungal silicone sealant, eg: Silirub B&K
What happens if silicone gets wet before it cures?
Can you apply silicone to a wet surface?
Before applying silicone sealant, you should make sure that the surface is free of dirt, dust, and other particles that can lead to a weaker bonding. Leaving the surface wet can cause problems, so be sure you remove all water completely.
Can I use silicone to seal sink drain?
Both putty( or white cement) and silicone sealant provide a watertight seal for a sink drain. Some plumbers prefer putty for installing drains, while others lean toward the more modern waterproof material calledsilicone sealant. Chief advantages being that Kitchen Silicone sealant doesnt crack, resist fungal growth so dont blacken with time.