Auto Glass PU Sealant
A moisture-cured, Polyurethane sealant formulated for windscreen bonding applications. It has high green strength and excellent resistance against weathering and temperature extremes. It is solvent-free and will not shrink after curing.
Specially formulated for windscreen bonding applications. Suitable for glass bonding in trains and coachwork.
Supex PU 75 is a one-component, medium-modulus polyurethane sealant that cures on exposure to atmospheric humidity. It possesses excellent adhesion to all typical construction materials such as cement based materials, brick, ceramic, glass, wood, galvanized and painted sheet iron and various plastics.
- Possesses permanent elasticity
- No sagging – Thixotropic
- No surface tackiness after full cure. Do not pick up dirt
- No shrinkage
- Can be applied with hand gun and tooled easily
- Conforms to BS 6920 for the metallic water soluble impurities and is suitable for use in drinking water system
- Conforms to the requirements of VOC content specifications in LEED credit EQc4.1 “Low-emitting products” of SCAQMD rule 1168
- Used for bonding various construction materials and as sealing joint
- Primerless bonding for windscreen repairs, auto glass PU sealant
- Before application, be sure that joint surfaces are clean, dry and free of all contamination
- Apply sealant evenly, If necessary, use masking tape and remove the tape while the sealant is still soft
- Joint width/depth ratio should be 2:1 (Table 1)
- If necessary, use back up material to adjust joint depth
- Sealants should adhere to only two surfaces of the joint: Use backer rods and bond breakers to facilitateS
Storage & Shelf life
12 months if stored in its original package, away from direct sunlight and moisture, between +10 ⁰C and +25 ⁰C.
The technical data contained herein is based on our present knowledge and experience and we cannot be held liable for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions or editorial failings that result from technological changes or research between the date of issue of this document and the date the product is acquired.
Before using the product, the user should carry out any necessary tests in order to ensure that the product is suitable for the intended application. Moreover, all users should contact the seller or the manufacturer of the product for additional technical information concerning its use if they think that the information in their possession needs to be clarified in any way, whether for normal use or a specific application of our product.
Our guarantee applies within the context of the statutory regulations and provisions in force, current professional standards and in accordance with the stipulations set out in our general sales conditions.
The information detailed in the present technical data sheet is given by way of indication and is not exhaustive. The same applies to any information provided verbally by telephone to any prospective or existing customer.