Aquarium Silicone Sealant
Selsil Aquarium Silicone Sealant is one part, moisture curing silicone sealant.
- 100 % silicone polymer
- High strength
- Solvent free
- Conforms to ISO 11600 –F&G–25 LM
- Resistant to ozone, ultra-violet radiation and temperature extremes
- It is used in aquarium manufacturing
Excellent adhesion to a variety of non-porous substrates such as; Aluminum, Glazed ceramic tiles, Glass
Chemical Base: Acetoxy silicone
Specific gravity: 1,02 ± 0,03 gr/cm³
(ASTM D 1045–86)
Tack free time: 12 min.
(25ºC and 50% R.H)
Cure Rate(1 day): 2 mm
(25ºC and 50% R.H)
Modulus at 100% (MPa): ≈0,3 Mpa
Tensile Strength: ≈1,50 Mpa
Elongation at Break: > 500
Shore Hardness: 15 ± 3 Shore A
The shelf life is 12 months.
Packing: 300 ml Cartridge X 25 pcs in a Box.
WHAT IS AQUARIUM SAFE SILICONE Sealant?
Aquarium silicone sealant have special formulas that differ from other silicone sealants. Here’s what to look for.
Aquarium safe silicone sealants
- are saltwater and freshwater compatible
- have formulas that hold up under continuous water submersion
- are non toxic and 100% safe for an aquatic habitat.
How to apply Silicone sealant in Fish Tanks.
Before starting the repair, we recommend you check all the seams for secureness. If you drain the tank for one leak, it’s smart to check the integrity of the other seals while you’re at it.
- Remove water to a point well below the line you’re fixing. We recommend you remove the fish and completely drain and clean the tank.
- Remove the old sealant with a straight razor or another sharp tool. If your fish are still in the tank, avoid dropping silicone residue in the water. Don’t pull the silicone bead away unless you’re replacing the entire seam.
- Clean the joints to remove old stubborn residue from the glass. Consider using mineral spirits to completely remove any residue.
- Starting on the inside of the tank, apply your aquarium silicone bead into the seam along the joint. Take care to fill any gaps with the sealant.
- Repeat application on the outside of the tank, making sure you don’t have gaps in the sealant.
- Wait for cure time to be achieved before refilling the tank with water.
- Fill the tank slowly, while making sure your seam is secure.
Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Use gloves before application. Keep out of freezing, direct sunlight and temperatures above 50°C
Apply in well-ventilated areas. Do not breathe vapor, do not smoke
Health and Safety
For more information and advice on the safe handling, storage and disposal of chemical products, users shall refer to the most recent Material Safety Data Sheet containing, physical, ecological, and toxicological and other safety related data.