AE PU 25 is a product which is developed by Anagha Engineers. It is a one-component polyurethane sealant which has medium modulus. It offers excellent adhesion to all typical construction materials which are mostly cement-based. This sealant automatically cures with the help of atmospheric humidity.
Characteristics Of AE PU 25
- This sealant is thixotropic- meaning it does not sag when applied vertically.
- Offers permanent elasticity.
- It does not show signs of shrinkage.
- Easily toolable, requires a gun for application.
- No surface tackiness or dirt accumulation after fully curing.
- AE PU 25 conforms to the BS 6920 standards for metallic water-soluble impurities and thus, is suitable for use in drinking water systems.
- It also matches with the requirements of VOC content specifications in LEED credit EQc4.1, “Low-emitting products” of SCAQMD rule 1168.
Where Can It Be Used?
AE PU 25 typically finds its usage in most construction industries. It has a wide range of applications which matches perfectly with its adhesive strength. It is also regularly used as a sealing joint.
How To Apply AE PU 25
- Before application, make sure that the surface is free from dust and grease. This will otherwise inhibit the process of application of the sealant.
- We recommend that you conduct a preliminary compatibility test before proceeding to use the sealant for its desired purpose.
- Apply the sealant evenly. If required, use masking tape to mark the areas of application. Before it cures, make sure to remove the tape.
- The ratio of the joint width to the depth ratio should be 2:1.
- It is recommended to use a backup material if you feel like joint adjustment is required.
- You may use backer rods and bond breakers to facilitate the adhesion. It should adhere only to two surfaces of the joint.
- Take care to follow the standard industrial application procedures. Clean the fun after use before giving the sealant time to cure.