AE-100 PU FOAM is a one-component, multipurpose polyurethane foam. This sealant is curable by air humidity and has high adhesion strength. Additionally, this product is also free of ozone-depleting CFCs and thus, is environment-friendly. It is a favorite among the various sealants used in multiple industries. We have listed some of the areas like:
- Construction: Fitting Door frames, window frame gaps, sealing tie rod holes/joints, the gap between bricks and beam, bonding AAC blocks
- Power plants: For sealing the gaps between cable and wires, gaps between electric panel outlet.
- Solar Plants: For sealing the spaces between cable and wires.
- Interiors: For gap filling purposes.
Characteristics of AE 100 PU Foam
- Single component product, therefore, it doesn’t require use of other additives.
- Excellent resistance to water, oil, acid and most solvents.
- Eliminates vibration and absorbs sound efficiently. This can reduce the overall noise in the room.
- High adhesion strength.
Where Can It Be Used?
AE – 100 PU Foam is ideal for:
- Backfilling, sealing, bonding and isolation.
- Filling between joints, seams and cracks in partition walls with ceilings.
- To seal the structural space between window/ door frames and walls.
- To bond the structural and fitting space between prefabricated construction elements.
- Around cables and pipes, penetrations through walls and ceilings.
- For gluing together panels and insulating sheets.
Shelf life: This product is usable for up to 12 months from the month of manufacture.
How Should AE - 100 Be Used?
- Shake the aerosol can for at least 20 seconds.
- Put the adapter/ Gun on the valve. Moisten surfaces with a water sprayer prior to application. Remove pressure from the applicator to stop.
- Fill holes and cavities for 50 %, as the foam will expand.
- Repeat shaking regularly during application. If you have to work in layers, repeat moistening after each application.
Here’s a quick video to show you how simple it is to use AE -100 PU Foam.
What are the benefits of using AE - 100 PU Foam?
Insulating foam sealants are useful for sealing holes, gaps and cracks around your home where air leakage could occur. Some possible areas to consider sealing around include:
- Window and door gaps.
- Baseboards and vents.
- Sill plates, pipe and duct penetrations.
- Sink plumbing, floor/wall junctions, around electrical boxes (not inside).
The exterior applications of AE – 100 could include the following:
- Where the siding meets the foundation.
- Gas and electrical penetrations.
- Garage ceiling and wall joints.
- Around outdoor faucets and exterior vents.
- Landscaping applications such as stone wall repair, pond/ waterfall fillers and repair, as well as to secure landscape blocks.
Precautions to take before application
- Use with proper ventilation. Avoid direct contact with skin and eyes.
- If contact with skin occurs, rinse with warm water.
- If AE – 100 PU Foam gets into the eye, keep it open and rinse thoroughly. Seek medical attention immediately.
- Keep out of reach of children.