Supex 1500C high temperature adhesive based on sodium silicate and with its special formulation resistant up to 1500 ˚C. Specially designed for sealing and assembling of stoves, ovens, barbecues and heaters.
Specific Gravity : 1,90 ± 0,05 kg/cm3
Application Temperature: +5 °C to +40 °C
Temperature Resistance: 1500 °C
Supex High Temperature Adhesive and sealant is a silicate based material for use where a high temperature resistant seal or adhesive bond is required. The product dries to a hard, cementlike material with good adhesion to many surfaces.
Supex High Temperature Adhesive has an operating temperature of up to a maximum of 1500°C. After subjected to high temperature above 800ºC, the product sets to a solid ceramic mass which is resistant to thermal shock.
Supex High Temperature Adhesive is suitable for use where resistance to spread of flame is required and is supplied as a ready to use, easily extrudable paste in a 300 ml cartridge.
Uses of High temperature adhesive
- Installation and sealing of fireplaces, stoves, grates, boiler, chimney, thermostat oven, heat chambers
- repairs of elements exposed to fire
- for sealing joints in areas related to diversified industries like ceramic, cement, refractories, steel, petrochemical, cable applications in telecommunication
- used for repairing vehicle exhaust systems
How to use refractory sealant
- Before application: clean the surface from dirt and dust.
Cut off the cartridge tip, screw on the canula and cut it obliquely to the desired diameter.
- Once applied and dried, and for an appropriate use, we recommend to heat at 200⁰C for a short period of time.
- Excellent adhesion on most porous construction materials and metal.
- Uncured product can be cleaned with water.
- Once cured, the product can be removed mechanically.
- Do not apply to hot surfaces! Rapid evaporation of the material will entrap bubbles in the products and create voids affecting the performance of the product. Warm surfaces are preferred.
Demo/ Free samples/ Technical Queries
Packaging: 300 ml x 12 per box
Store the product in cool places away from direct sunlight. The shelf life is 12 months at temperatures between +5°C and +25°C
Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Use in well-ventilated places. Don’t breathe vapors. Do not smoke when using the product.
Health and Safety
For more information and advice on the safe handling, storage and disposal of chemical products, users shall refer to the most recent Material Safety Data Sheet containing, physical, ecological, and toxicological and other safety related data.