- About MS/ Hybrid polymer adhesives and Sealants
- What is a MS polymer
- Properties and benefits
- application videos
MS Polymer Adhesive & Sealant is a highly elastic, high strength sealant and adhesive. It has excellent adhesion to non-porous surfaces, will bond to damp surfaces and is paintable with most paints. Hybrid sealants are claimed to combine the strength of polyurethanes with the weathering resistance of silicones. In addition to their high performance properties, these sealants are achieving popularity due to their solvent-free and isocyanate-free nature and due to their formulation versatility that allows the customization of viscosity and early strength development for various applications.
Some of the unique properties of MS sealants are:
- Environmental friendliness (solvent-free and isocyanate-free)
- Storage stability: shelf life is excellent although sealant must be protected from
- Weather resistance and durability: MS sealant shows no cracking, splitting,
discoloration or adhesion failure after seven years of testing in desert climate
- Stain resistance: MS sealants do not stain as some silicone sealants do because of
low molecular weight silicon materials that bleed from the surface of sealed
- Paintability: MS sealants provide good paintability unlike silicone sealants
- Adhesion: MS sealants provide adhesion to various substrates including metals,
plastics, wood, and ceramics.
Building & construction
- Sealants for natural stone joints and perimeter joints
- Sealing and bonding of a variety of substrates such as stones, plastics, metals, etc.
- Panel adhesives
- Tile adhesives
- Sealants/adhesives for vibration damping applications
- Sealants/adhesives in the automotive and transportation industry
- Marine / deck caulking
- Sealants/adhesives for solar energy modules
- Parquet adhesives
- Adhesives for vinyl flooring
- Multi-purpose sealants/adhesives
- Mirror adhesives
- Sanitary sealants
- High /fast tack adhesives
Traditional assembly methods and problems
Assembling materials which are not similar has always been a challenge. As a result, engineering methods have developed over the years to design parts that fit right in with each other. Some of the most common techniques we have seen include welding, riveting, fastening et cetera. However, these are not a complete solution. Alternatively, there are other challenges which are observed after the assembly process. These including the formation of stressed joints, unaesthetic assembly as well as noisy joints. When investing for labour and time, we absolutely don’t desire to have the engineering aspect of the assembly go to waste.
How MS polymer changes the game!
Anagha Engineers has formulated a MS Sealant for such applications.Not only that it is simple to use but also that it does not require trained labour. Just apply a uniform bead of the adhesive onto the areas which need to bond. Assemble it against the surface that you need to bond it. Apply pressure for a minute. Finally, watch as the high tack properties hold together the parts immediately.
MS sealant properties are chemically formulated to match the general requirements of a high-strength adhesive. they briefly are:
- High initial tack properties reduce the need for initial support.
- Fast curing, a quick build-up of end strength alongwith high sheer strength after full cure (no primer).
- Easy to apply and easy to tool and finish.
- Remains elastic after curing.
- No odor.
- Does not contain neither isocyanates, silicones nor solvents.
- Paintable with all water-based paints.
- Excellent color stability. Likewise, weather and UV resistance.
- Good adhesion on wet substrates.
- Lastly, bonds underwater.
Where can you use MS polymer Technology?
- Elastic bonding of panels, profiles and other pieces on the most common surfaces. (wood, MDF, chipboard, etc.).
- Bonds without primer to mostly all materials used in the construction and automotive industry. Some of the materials on which Supex Bond ALL HT works well includes aluminium, galvanized and stainless steel, copper, zinc, natural stone, concrete, brick, HPL panels, treated wood, glass, gypsum, various synthetic materials, glass, mirror, etc.
- Gluing of panels and elements in the interior and ceiling construction. Above all, it works well with wall cladding elements and ceiling panels (interior), isolation panels.(mineral wool, wood-wool cement & plastic foams, PUR, PIR, PS)
- Wooden & plastic lathes, ornaments, frames, doorsteps, window sills, skirting boards as well as roofing elements.
- Supex Bond All HT’s bonding properties become extremely useful in extreme high-end applications. Those including marine, shipbuilding, deck, plastic bonding.
- Lastly, gluing and fitting of safety glass especially used in the banking industry and fitting of cable ducts. It can as well be used for mitres in aluminium windows, mirrors etc.
MS adhesive applications in transportation indutry
MS polymer adhesives and sealants are suitable for train, truck and bus assembly. The most common applications include:
- Bodywork assembly: MS polymer adhesives offer a strong and easy to apply system for bonding bus frames, truck cabins and body structures of trains.
- Sealing and bonding windows: sealing and bonding vehicle windows and windshields. The flexibility of MS polymer adhesives and sealants guarantee high performance on windows and windshields of vehicles.
- Sealing floors, roofs and interior and exterior panels: MS sealants are also used for sealing floors, roofs and side panels of vehicles. Their flexibility allows for high performance, whereas the minimum surface preparation and ability to bond dissimilar materials guarantee assembly efficiency.