Table of Contents
Type of Foam Spray Sealant
- Spray Can – Dipensed using an adopter or straw or Pipe : one straw is preattached to the can .
- Gun grade – Dispensed using a Hand held PU Gun
Using PUF Spray Can
- Clean the application area with water spray.
- Moisten the area with Water spray. PU foam adheres to almost all surfaces that are strong, clean and free of dust and grease. Only silicon, oils, greases, polyethylene, teflon or similar surfaces are not suitable to be applied on.
- Surface must be dampened enough to ensure that the foam sealant finds adequate moisture for its hardening process. Otherwise, it could impair the adhesion and edge adhesion.
- Attach the Straw on the can.
- Shake the can vigorously for 20 to 25 times.
- Hold the can upside down such that the valve faces downwards. This is the only way to completely empty the can.
- Press the trigger, foam will rush out of the can under pressure.
- Keep shaking the can.
- Plan the work such that entire can material is consumed in one go, i.e., after opening the can, it should be completely consumed. This is recommended because whatever is left will get cured inside the can and thus go to waste.
- The foam cures in 30 – 40 minutes depending upon weather conditions.
- After curing , extra foam can be cut with a sharp knife.
- Foam sealant is paintable. It is not UV resistant – should not be exposed to direct sunlight. If unavoidable – paint the foam to protect from sunlight.
Uses of Foam Spray Sealant
- Filling of joints, seams and cracks in partition walls with ceilings.
- Structural space between window and door frames and walls.
- Structural and fitting space between prefabricated construction elements
- Around cables and pipes, penetrations through walls and ceilings.
- Gluing panels/ insulating sheets.
Which Industries Require This Product?
Foam spray sealant is a verstile product used for sealing, bonding, gap filling, sound insulation, thermal and electrical insulation, waterproofing etc.
- Construction: Fitting Door frames, window frame gaps, sealing tie rod holes/joints, gap between bricks and beam, bonding AAC blocks.
- Power plants: Sealing gap between cable and wires, gap between electric panel outlet.
- Solar Plants: Sealing gaps between cable and wire.
- Interiors: Gap filling.
- Terrace: heat insulation.
- Cold Storage/ Wooden houses: Gap filling purposes.
Advantages over Traditional Method
|Fixing of window/door Frame||Construction||PU foam spray cans ( 750 ml )||White cement||Faster process , time saving Reduction in Labour cost Excellent aesthetics, no cracks developed with time . Additional strength provided to door frame, number of anchor fasteners can be reduced|
|Installation of Fireproof doors & Windows||Construction||PU foam spray cans ( 750 ml )||White cement||Faster process , time saving Reduction in Labour cost Excellent aesthetics, no cracks developed with time Additional strength provided to door frame, number of anchor fasteners can be reduced|
|Sealing Split AC holes carrying cables||Construction, HVAC||PU foam spray cans ( 750 ml )||Cement, Thermocol etc||100% sealing guaranteed Faster process Saving in labour cost Excellent aesthetics|
|Insulation for Plumbing pipes||Construction||PU foam spray cans ( 750 ml )||Insulating material||100% sealing guaranteed Faster process Saving in labour cost|
|Sealing Tie Rod holes||Construction||PU foam spray cans ( 750 ml )||cement grouting , GP2||cost saving , 68% reduction in cost|
Productivity improvement by 500%
Leak free – better reliability
|Joint/ seam between Wall and Beam( Ceiling)||Construction||PU foam spray cans ( 750 ml )||Cement grouting, Sealants||100% sealing guaranteed Faster process Saving in labour cost Excellent aesthetics|
|Sealing of all Openings in Roof construction, especially metal roof||Construction||PU foam spray cans ( 750 ml )||cement , silicone sealant|
100% sealing guaranteed Faster process
Saving in labour cost Excellent aesthetics
|Improving Thermal insulation in cooling systems||HVAC, Cold storage||PU foam Spray cans ( 750 ml ), 2 part Bulk spray system||Insulating material||highly efficient thermal insulation guaranteed Faster execution , Lower labour costs|
|Fire & Smoke Retardent sealant between wall, Floor and Ceilings||Construction||PU cans||no suitable alternative||efficient sealing at lower cost ease of application|
|Filling free spaces, cracks, gaps, pipe peneratations||Interior decorator, Furniture||PU cans||no suitable alternative||efficient sealing at lower cost ease of application|
|Back up material to Expansion joints||Construction||PU foam cans, 2 part Bulk spray systems||Backer rods||efficient sealing at lower cost ease of application|
|Sealing Duct Shafts||Construction||PU foam cans, 2 part Bulk spray systems||metal sheet etc||efficient sealing at lower cost ease of application|
|Filling free spaces, gaps||Boat Building||PU foam cans, 2 part Bulk spray systems||Thermocol||efficient sealing at lower cost ease of application|
|Model making, design patterns etc||Film Production Set , interior designers||PU cans||Thermocol||Ease of application Flexibility in design lower cost|
|sealing gap between cable and wires , gap between electric panel outlet||Process plants ,Eg: Power plants, Paper Mills, Chemical Plants||PU foam spray cans ( 750 ml )||Rubber gasket, Silicone sealants||100% electrical insulation lower cost enhanced safety|
|Terrace Waterproofing||Waterproofing||2 part bulk spray system||Thermal & waterproof coatings||100% effective Thermal insulation and waterproofing|
|sealing gap between cable and wires||Solar Plants||PU foam spray cans ( 750 ml )||Silicone sealants, Rubber packing etc||100% electrical insulation and waterproofing lower cost|