- What is a Polyurethane Foam ( PU Foam) Sealant ?
Polyurethane Foam Sealant is dispensed as a frothy liquid which expands and cures into a solid foam ( Like Thermocol) insulation and sealant.
- Where can I apply PU foam sealant?
Insulating foam sealants are useful for sealing holes, gaps and cracks around your home where air leakage could occur. Some possible areas to consider sealing around include:
- Window and door gaps
- Baseboards and vents
- Sill plates, pipe and duct penetrations
- Sink plumbing, floor/wall junctions, around electrical boxes (not inside)
- Can I use insulating foam sealant outside?
Yes, you can. Exterior uses could include the following:
- Where the siding meets the foundation
- Gas and electrical penetrations
- Garage ceiling and wall joints
- Around outdoor faucets and exterior vents
- Landscaping applications such as stone wall repair, pond/waterfall fillers and repair, as well as to secure landscape blocks
The gap of 2cm.all along the perimeter of the window, allows the PU foam to spread smoothly through the surface of the wall, provides sufficient space for PU Foam to expand. The amount of PU Foam in the 2cm gap is sufficient to provide the required strength and binding force between the wall and the window.
- What material should we use to cover PU Foam after application to protect it from V. Rays?
PU Foam can be covered with plaster, plaster of Paris, polysulphide (in case of expansion joints) or acrylic elastomeric paints in some cases. Where finishing is not very important, paint can be applied directly.
- How cost effective is PU Foam compared to any other materials used in similar kind of applications?
750 ml. dispenser gives coverage of at least 35 liters = 35000 cc., considering 10% handling loss than coverage is = 32000 cc., with reduction
- On which surfaces can PU Foam be applied?
PU Foam can be applied on various surfaces such as wood, metal, concrete, brick, plaster, (except polyethylene, polypropylene, silicone and Teflon)
- What if the cured PU Foam is left uncovered?
As PU Foam is not Ultra Violet Resistant, the color of uncovered PU Foam will turn to dark yellow from light yellow within a few days. In the long run the foam will disintegrate.
- Can PU Foam be used for waterproofing?
PU Foam has a closed cell structure, which gives complete water protection however it cannot be used for waterproofing, especially where the hydrostatic pressure is very high.
- Can PU Foam be used to fill wall cracks?
PU Foam may also be used to fill small cracks. For this purpose it is necessary to use the added reduction needles.
- Can PU Foam be used for expansion joints? If yes, than what should be used to cover PU Foam?
PU Foam can be used as a backup material in expansion joints and can be covered with Polysulfide sealant.
- Is PU Foam fireproof?
B3 Grade is non FR type product while B1 grade is FR type PU foam
- Is PU Foam toxic? Stability time?
PU Foam is non-toxic as well as CFC free. Tack free after approx.10 min. can be cut after approx.30 min. Cured within 2 hours. Stable within 4 to 6 hours.
- Is any training required for the application of PU Foam?
Application of PU Foam is very easy and does not require any special skill. However for the first time users training is recommended. Training will be given by the sales staff and/or by the dealer.
15 .What precautions should be taken while applying PU Foam?
- Contact with foam should be avoided from body parts and clothes. In case the foam sticks to any part of the body or clothes, wash the affected area with PG2 PU Foam Cleaner
- The nozzle should be kept away from the body while
- The can should be kept in the Inverted position while
- Cured foam has to be removed mechanically
- What is the purpose of Remover? Can any other material be used?
Remover is used to clean the dispenser gun and the needles. The Remover can be mounted on the dispenser gun, thus cleaning the dispenser gun more effectively. By using any other material the chances of damaging the gun increase.
- How easily can a window mounted with PU Foam be removed?
Window mounted with PU Foam can be removed easily by slicing through the foam, but removal of the window by force is near to impossible.
- Is any different color or packing of PU Foam available?
PU Foam comes in only one color i.e. light yellow. The cured foam can be painted according to customers need. There is only one type of packaging 750ml. dispenser can (Used with dispenser gun/plastic adaptor)
- Is PU foam a barrier to insects and rodents ?
Polyurethane foams do not contain chemical rodent deterrents or rodenticides.
Use of expanding polyurethane foam has been found to be an easy, means to help prevent insects and rodents from entering structures through voids, cracks and crevices.
Completely fill holes around the structure, such as in the siding close to the foundation, around cables and pipes that penetrate the structure and all openings in areas with evidence of rodents, such as gnawed items and rodent droppings. While mice and rats can chew through polyurethane foam, this barrier will generally block mice from entering the area.
- Is it necessary to moisten the surface before using foam?
We recommend moistening because the system needs water to cure. Other benefits one will get: i. Better cell structure ii. Better adhesion iii. Faster curing iv. Better foam quality
Is foam resistant to water?
Cured foam provides a barrier to moisture. However, over time, small quantities (depending of skin is on the foam) of water vapor will migrate through the foam. If the skin stays on the foam, the weight will only increase by 5%. If the skin is cut away, the weight can increase upto 150%. In that case foam is not water resistant. The water vapour permeability depends on the density and the cell structure of the foam. If you got more open cell structure or a lower density the permeability will increase.
22. How Much does PU foam expand ?
The expansion is different for gun and hand-held foam. i. Hand-held foam will expand by 150-200% which means that you only have to fill the joint by 40-50%. ii. Gun foam will only expand by 50-100%, so you have to fill the joint by at least 50%. The expansion depends on the temperature of the ambience, temperature of the can and the humidity.
23. How should I store an opened can of gun foam?
The best thing you can do is leave the can on the gun. If you do not leave the can on the gun, clean the valve and the gun with Gun & Foam cleaner. We recommend to empty the can in the next weeks.
- Is there a negative effect on the foam if the can is not shaken thoroughly prior to use?
Polyurethane foam consists of a prepolymer and a propellant gas, which form two layers during storage. The can must be shaken vigorously before use to create a homogeneous mixture. Insufficient shaking will result in poor foam properties such as a coarse cell structure and reduced foam volumes.
25. How much must the cans be shaken to ensure a homogeneous mix of the two constituents?
A canister should be shaken 15 to 20 times.
26. Does the canister need to be shaken again during use?
It is recommended to shake the can occasionally during use, and especially after interruptions, to avoid re-separation of the propellant und prepolymer.
27. How does the foam get the right amount of moisture?
Fresh foam absorbs moisture from its surroundings. In particularly dry environments it makes sense to wet the surfaces to be joined. But standing water droplets are to be avoided, as in this case the water would actually become a barrier to proper adhesion.
28. What happens when there is insufficient moisture on the surfaces or in the surrounding environment and no water has been sprayed onto the foam?
A lack of moisture leads to inefficient curing of the foam and, depending on the amount of foam applied, may lead to foam compression – even months later.
29. Does the foam develop and exert pressure during expansion and curing?
Yes, the foam exerts a pressure during expansion and through hardening. It is therefore advisable to fill gaps and cavities by no more than one third.
30. Is there any way to accelerate the curing process?
Yes, wetting; ideally from a spray gun. This will help to speed up the hardening process.
31. Is cured foam subject to ageing? Cured foam does not age.
There has never been a case during the thirty years that polyurethane foam has been in use that any failure has occurred through ageing.
32. What should I do with excess foam such as that round doors and windows?
Cured excess foam can be cut away with a knife, saw or any similar implement.
33. Can gaps between polystyrene insulation panels be filled with one – component polyurethane?
Yes, one-component polyurethane foam can be freely used for such applications. It is free from solvents and does not attack polystyrene.
34. Is it OK to leave half-empty canisters attached to applicator guns?
Yes; in fact we recommend leaving a partially-full container attached to the gun. To store the gun and canister safely, the security screw should be tightened to secure the trigger.
35. Is it necessary to remove excess foam from the adapter, or can I simply insert the next canister?
Though the adapters are constructed from a non-stick material, it is advisable to remove any excess foam straight away with gun cleaning fluid: well-maintained tools last longer.
36. How long can a partially used container be left attached to a gun?
If the trigger has been completely secured with the security screw, a canister can be stored attached to the gun for a period of one to two weeks.
- Are all PU foam sealants basically thesame?
No, not necessarily. There are different grades of insulating foam sealants for different uses. Refer to the product label for information on appropriate product uses.
M- 9699892782, Whatsapp: 9833892782