Need for gap filling PU foam spray? Window and doorframes are made of materials such as wood, aluminum, steel and UPVC. Traditional window and doorframes are installed by using frame anchors. This method is time consuming and requires craftsmanship. Therefore, more often now, window and doorframes are installed using gap filling foam. Using polyurethane foam sealant can significantly reduce labour costs and improve strength of door frame.
- Water spray can
- Anagha Masking tapes
- Spacers (optional)
- Supex 100 PU foam sealant
- PU Foam Gun Applicator and Cleaner (if you are using the Gun Grade version)
Applying Gap filling PU foam for door frame fixing
STEP 1: Preparation:
- Keep a gap of minimum 10mm and maximum 20mm between and door frame.
- Substrates should be clean and free of dust and grease but can be moist.
- Loose parts must be removed and if necessary primer must be used (e.g. old plaster)
- Slightly humidify the surface & door frame before applying the foam
- Use protective gloves
- Shake can thoroughly for 30 seconds
STEP 2: Applying of PU foam spray sealant:
- Hold the can upside down and extrude the PU foam by pressing the bar
- Spray some extra water if you are filling a gap with some depth or if you are applying the foam in different layer.
- PU foam sealant is a moisture curing product, it will cure by absorbing moisture from the air. Spraying some water on the wall and frame will fasten-up the curing process and will give a better cell structure (acoustic & thermal properties)
STEP 3: After applying PU Foam sealant
- Spray some additional water on the applied PU foam on both sides of the frame
- After use, clean the valve and tube immediately with Gun & Foam Cleaner
- Cut the spoiled foam away after curing of PU foam (24 hours)
- Let the foam cure for minimum 24 hours before putting the door in the frame
Important facts about Gap Filling PU foam spray:
- Always store cans upright.
- Store in a cool and dry place at temperatures between +5°C and 35°C
- Never put a PU foam spray can in direct sunlight
- PU foam spray sealant is not UV resistant so it always needs to be covered with a sealant, paint or plaster.
- Strong bonding characteristics
- Excellent adhesion on most common materials and between different materials
- Effective thermal and acoustic insulation
- Wonderful filling capacities, expands to 40 times its original volume
- Electric insulator
- Environmentally friendly (CFC-free) propellant gas
FAQ’s on Door frame installation with gap filling PU foam spray
Is it necessary to moisten the surface before using foam?
We recommend moistening because the system needs water to cure. Other benefits one will get: i. Better cell structure ii. Better adhesion iii. Faster curing iv. Better foam quality
Is there a negative effect on the foam if the can is not shaken thoroughly prior to use?
Polyurethane foam consists of a prepolymer and a propellant gas, which form two layers during storage. The can must be shaken vigorously before use to create a homogeneous mixture. Insufficient shaking will result in poor foam properties such as a coarse cell structure and reduced foam volumes.
Does the canister need to be shaken again during use?
It is recommended to shake the can occasionally during use, and especially after interruptions, to avoid re-separation of the propellant & prepolymer.
Is it OK to leave half-empty canisters attached to applicator guns?
Yes; in fact we recommend leaving a partially-full container attached to the gun. To store the gun and canister safely, the security screw should be tightened to secure the trigger.
What is the purpose of Remover? Can any other material be used?
Remover is used to clean the dispenser gun and the needles. The Remover can be mounted on the dispenser gun, thus cleaning the dispenser gun more effectively. By using any other material the chances of damaging the gun increase.
How easily can a window mounted with PU Foam be removed?
Window mounted with PU Foam sealant can be removed easily by slicing through the foam, but removal of the window by force is near to impossible.
Does the foam develop and exert pressure during expansion and curing?
Yes, the PU foam exerts a pressure during expansion and through hardening. It is therefore advisable to fill gaps and cavities by no more than one third.
What should I do with excess foam such as that round doors and windows?
Cured excess foam can be cut away with a knife, saw or any similar implement.
From where do I buy Pu foam spray in Mumbai / India
Anagha Engineers products are available in Mumbai and across India. Just call +919833892782 for best price, training and swift technical support.
Which is the best PU foam sealant for door frame fixing available in India?
Supex 100 PU foam – gun grade or straw grade is a high yeild, versatile product manufactured with German technology. Anagha Engineers has various PU foam sprays used for general industry, Solar, construction segments.
When NOT to Use Spray Foam Insulation
- For areas that are too close to electrical boxes:
- For areas too close to ceiling light boxes: You should not use spray foam to insulate areas around recessed ceiling canister lights. …
- Open-cell spray foam on your roof: …
- For closed-cavity spaces: …
- If you have a history of skin, respiratory, or asthma problems: