Seam sealers for automotive industry
Supex Seam sealers reduce weight & costs while improving reliability.
Seal sealers in India | Polyurethane, MS sealantsSupex specializes in high end seam sealers which bond, seal, reduce noise & vibrations.
- Easy to apply with simple tools
- Should not dry in the container ( tube, cartridge, bucket) – avoid wastage
- No special storage conditions.
- Can be used multiple times, Eg: like a tooth paste.
- Is not smelly or harmful for skin / eyes.
- Sufficient shelf life – at least 6 months to 1 year.
- Low cost
- Consistency in quality – no batch to batch variation
- Training by manufacturer about application procedure
Busbody seam sealersSome popular applications
- Windscreen ( Glass to metal ) primer less bonding – MS/PU Adhesive
- Window glass to metal sealing
- Welded joint sealing
- Panel bonding
- Floor bonding– PVC tile to metal or wood floor – with rubber adhesive
Greener adhesive and sealant solutionsBus manufacturers have been looking more into environmentally friendly options for the interior and exterior designs of buses. Many manufacturers have started to use automotive sealants and adhesives. We will look into modified silicone polymers which are commonly used as a green solution in the production of buses. MS Polymers are sealants which consist of one component, making them easy to process. These glues do not consist of solvents or isocyanates that can be considered detrimental and their volatile organic compound is either zero or near zero. There has been a growing demand for MS polymers and they are mostly used in the sealing of buses’ body structures. Next to that they are also fairly often used to direct glaze buses.
Overview of Bus body ManufacturingThere are three basic types of bus manufacturer:
- Chassis manufacturer – builds the underframe for body-on-frame construction
- Body manufacturer – builds the coachwork for body-on-frame construction
- Integral manufacturer – builds entire buses, often using no underframe at all